The healthy social life is found, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection,
and when in the community the virtue of each individual is living ... Rudolph Steiner
What is Anthroposophy?
Anthroposophy is a way of knowledge which undertakes to guide the spiritual in man to the spiritual in the universe.
Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge - it seeks to awaken life!
What is the Anthroposophical Society?
It is an association of people whose will it is to nurture the life of the soul, both in the individual and in human society, on the basis of a true knowledge of the spiritual world. The Anthroposophical Society in Greater Boston is a branch of the Anthroposophical Society in America which is part of the Anthroposophical Society headquarted in Dornach, Switzerland.
The Anthroposophical Society was founded at the Christmas Conference of 1923/1924 in Switzerland by Rudolf Steiner
The Society's principles can be found here.
Anyone can become a member, without regard to nationality, social standing, religion, who considers as justified the existence of an
institution such as the Goetheanum in Dornach, in its [--- Painting: Michael and the Dragon, Raphael, Louvre]
capacity as a School of Spiritual Science. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, all of our activities are supported by gifts and contributions. Typical contributions are $25 per individual or $40 per family per year. Some contributions are significantly more. Any amount of support is appreciated. Click here
for current events.
Click here if you are interested in membership.
- 29 (Wed) Hamlet and the Consciousness Soul, with Anthony Burton of UMass Amherst, 7-9 pm, The Waldorf School of Lexington, 739 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA, Public lecture.
- 11 (Mon) The Present World Situation & the War in Ukraine, with Thomas Meyer, sponsored by the Anthroposophical Society in Cape Ann 7:30 pm House of Peace, 1 High St. Ipswich, MA. Call 978-356-9395 or 978-424-8622 for more info. donation requested.
- 12 (Tues) Thomas Meyer Seminar, 9 am to Noon Spiritual phenomena as revealed in historical currents and events. Sponsored by the Anthroposophical Society in Cape Ann, House of Peace, 1 High St. Ipswich, MA. Call 978-356-9395 or 978-424-8622 to reserve a place, donation requested.
- 15 (Fri) The Origin and Substance of the Consciousness Soul, a Turning Point in Human Evolution with Andrei Onegin, Mission of Michael in the Age of Human Freedom - a jump over the abyss, 7-9 pm, The Waldorf High School in Belmont, 160 Lexington Avenue, Belmont, MA, lecture, $10-15 donation requested.
- 16 (Sat) Workshop on Consciousness Soul development, Sun and Moon Karma, and the Future of Mankind with Andrei Onegin, 10 am - 1 pm: Consciousness Soul development and the Incorruptible Physical Body, pot luck lunch 1-2 pm, 2 - 4 pm: Fifth and Sixth cultural epochs and the Future of Mankind, The Waldorf High School in Belmont, 160 Lexington Avenue, Belmont, MA, workshop, $25 donation requested.
- 29 (Fri) Meditations I have known, Meetup with Diane McGary, 7:30 - 9 pm, Contented Farm, near I-93, Dracut, MA, Register and directions at http://www.meetup.com/BostonAnthros/
- 9 (Tu) The Lymph System, Meetup with Veronica Schlegel, 7:30 - 9 pm, Contented Farm, near I-93, Dracut, MA, Register and directions at http://www.meetup.com/BostonAnthros/
- 17 (Wed) Members AGM, 7-9 pm, at TBA.